Friday, March 20, 2009

Excuses

So.....long time no blog.

I have excuses that I am sure all of you want to hear.

Excuse #1. I was sick. Really sick. Running fever, and coughing all over the place, wanting to die because - the flu totally sucks. I am still a little under the weather. I current have this really attractive hacking cough that turns heads and makes people avoid me.

But at least I do not have a fever any more. Last week my fever got pretty high and I started to have hallucinations. I hallucinated that Vins was feeding me “midnight soup” it was a black soup with stars in it and it tasted really bad. But the stars would light up. It was scary. Evidently, Vins fed me a peanut butter sandwich and water.

Excuse #2. I was in Florida this week. After I tag teamed my office with the Influenza virus, I decided to spread my germs to Orlando. This week is Vincent’s spring break and we decided to go and visit Courtney.






We (Courtney) found some super cheap tickets from Huntington, WV to Orlando. And Sunday after a 4 hour delay we were off to Florida. The first day that we arrived we went to Daytona Beach. Courtney and Sam got a really cool room at Perry Resort with an indoor pool and a hot tub. We pretty much hung out the rest of the night.









The next day we laid on the beach. I wanted to rent one of those umbrella and lawn chair stands, but Vins didn't. I did not take no for an answer and we rented one, which was a really good thing because any body part of mine that was not in the shade was burnt. Good thing I kept my upper body covered and only my legs burnt. It wasn't bad but still it was totally worth $25 for the rental.




Afterwards we ate at Crabby Joes on the pier which was really good and affordable. We ended up going to Courtney and Sam's that night and had a blast playing the Wii all night.











The next day we drove around Orlando, checked out Winterpark, ate some lunch at The Bistro, I have to say it was REALLY good food. After I got home I looked for the website, and I guess they don't have one, but every review that I came across was positive. And I added a few more. Later we went and played Putt-Putt, the course was really cool. the whole thing was themed in pirates and there were lots of water hazards. I even won a free round of putt-putt for getting a hole in one!









One the way home we decided to stop by goodwill and buy some ugly ass clothes in honor of St. Paddy's day and went bowling. We all found some really tacky stuff.







WOW!!! Those are ugly clothes!

Our last day of Florida we met up with a really good friend of mine, Hali. We were in Phi Theta Kappa together in Commerce. She is working at Disney so we decided to go to Hollywood studios and hang out for the day. It was so awesome of her to get us those tickets, and it was great just to see and hang out with her again for a day. Hopefully next time we go to Florida we can spend more time together.


(Sorry for the bad pic Hali - Hali's the one on the right, with Tammy on the left)





PS Disney was CRAZY busy, we stood in line ALL day and rode 3 rides. Not the happiest place on earth. Even the pretzel hut ran out of pretzels after I stood in line for 15 minutes.






So all in all our trip down south was AWESOME. Thanks Courtney and Sam.

Excuse #3. I am personally offended by the cold weather. The rest of the world is starting to warm up why must it be 23 degrees in the morning here. It puts me in a really bad mood. I feel like I am being held hostage by Winter.






PS There are lizards ALL over Orlando. And they scare me.

No comments: