Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cake-anators

Last year my Neighbor Jessie and I took a few cake decorating classes here in Fairmont. Since that time I have made a few cakes here and there, but since I am physically unable to NOT EAT THE ICING! I have pretty much given it up, since I am trying to lose weight and all.




But Jessie still makes cake more often than me and sometimes we get together and do some major cake decorating damage to her kitchen. This week was one of those times. She needed to make a cake for a boy named Brandon; today is his first Communion.


Jessie designed this cake from his Communion invitation. (Sorry guys, I am not Catholic and I am not sure if you invite people to communion) Or maybe it is an announcement....but whatever you guys know what I mean. Here is the picture that was on the invitation/announcement.


Jessie researched how to get the stained glass look.



At first we attempted a frozen transfer, but since we are silly girls we totally forgot that things this high in sugar will NOT freeze. No matter how long you leave them in the freezer. So yesterday night we just free handed and traced it on the cake. We piped all the black lines on the cake, then filled the cake in with colored piping gel.




Afterwards we went to Applebee's and I had 2 Bahama mama's. I was in NO shape to pipe ANY wording on the cake so Jessie waited until this morning and finished it up with an awesome cake board, ruffle, and piping.


I think this cake is so pretty, and really Jessie did 99% of the work. She was the one who baked, and iced the cake. Then she figured out how to design and decorate the master piece known as cake. Really all I did was talk non-stop about myself and shake the table while she was trying to pipe ('cause I am so helpful like that)




So really people! If you are in the northern West Virginia region and are in need of cake, Jessie is your girl. And NO lie, her cakes are so good it is crazy. Last week she made a cake for her office, and brought the leftovers home for us to try. It was a cookie creme cake and it was so good that Vincent was wanting to invite her over the next day for dinner. He wanted to know if it would be rude to tell her to bring the cake, considering how we only had 2 ears of corn and 2 fish fillets. I thought that yes it would be rude to invite the neighbor over for dinner and not feed her, then eat her cake.



So next, he wanted to know if it was okay to go to her house with his own fork and plate and ask for a piece.


It was that good!

No comments: