Ok guys, I am so very sorry that I have not posted in forever. I promise I have been so busy that I have not even had time to think.
Things that have changed since I last posted:
1. As of last Friday I am now unemployed. I am really going to miss all of my co-workers, and I hope that I find a new job very soon.
2. Vincent and I packed up our house and had a moving sale. It was really crazy. It took both of us a little over a week to gather all the things that we wanted in the sale. Needless to say we had TONS of crap. The actual sale was Saturday, so Friday when I came home from my last day of work, Vins and I put up a canopy tent and then strung party flags up all over the yard. Jessie, my neighbor who was also having a sale had a old banner from work so we flipped it over and wrote really big “MOVING SALE”. It was very hard to miss driving down Country Club Road. Initially we thought that we had so much stuff that our sale would have to last Saturday and Sunday. Honestly we had so much junk that it would be impossible to fit it all in the front yard so we had to put things on the sun porch and in the front room of the house. We did have lots of furniture to sell.
Well, in the VERY wee morning hours of Saturday Vins woke me up to get started. the time was 5:00 am to be exact. People who shop yard sales and moving sales are early risers. We were a bit concerned because the ground was still a bit wet and I was trying to decide what to set outside. I was busy setting things out, and vins was packing up the kitchen, when our first customer stopped at 6:15 in the morning. He totally raided all my DVDs and books. I made $22 on the first sale. After that we did not stop; it was crazy. We sold everything but 5 boxes of junk. which I sat out for freebies the next day and they were gone in a matter of hours.
We made $1000
3. We are homeless now. As I am typing this we are driving through Ohio. Yesterday we finished packing up all the last details of our house and now we are off on our big adventure. We are camping our way across America! Last night we camped in the rain, it wasn’t that bad. We stayed at Beech Fork State Park in WV. I am hoping to hyperlink everything later but I might not have time (so you guys may have to Google these things). It was deserted, I guess other people don’t like camping in the rain like us. ![]()
4. Vins took his Step 1. So now all that is behind us.
5. Our new couch is ready to be picked up, but we do not have a house for it………..it could be a problem.
6. As we were leaving yesterday, the city code inspectors came to the house. Frank our @$$ of a neighbor called the city on us to complain about the height of the grass in the back yard. We told them that we would not be mowing the grass for two reasons: 1 – Frank is an @$$ and if it bothers him then I refuse to mow it.
2 – We sold our lawn mower and weed eater in the moving sale and we are driving off right now in about 10 minutes and hope to never see Frank again.
I am hoping to post blogs while on this trip. We are headed to Peebles, OH to see Serpent Mount today. Once we get there Vins and I will discuss where to spend the night. We have this Frommer’s book and it is wonderful for road trip camping.
Talk to you guys later!!!
Jaye
No comments:
Post a Comment