Well, since the Birthday Boy and i went for a little vacation over the weekend; we decided to take the dogs to be boarded. This is only the second time that we have boarded them. Normally we just them to Grandmas, but since that is a 19 hour drive we just take them to Fairmont Vet Hospital. I really like the vet, and I have never heard anything bad about them, but Lucy is not in to the whole "let's get boarded" thing.
Last time we boarded them was during Thanksgiving and we went to Holland. When we picked them up Lucy had lost weight. We were very concerned for her, but in true weenie dog fashion she promptly gained the weight back. This time i was not as worried because we were only a 6 hour drive away, not an ocean. So it didn't seemed like a big deal. Well....evidently we forgot to explain this to Lucy!!!!
Monday when we picked her picked her up she was doing great! No weight lost. She seemed really happy to come home. Tuesday night however she had quite the upset stomach, and every 2 hours she woke me up needing to go potty. I thought that it was maybe a little bug. Then, last night every hour she needed to go out, and Vins and I were very concerned that she was getting dehydrated.
I took a few hours off work today so I could take her to the doctor. Well, the problem is that is got so stressed about being boarded that her tummy is upset!!!! Poor dog?!?!! She got two shots in the stomach, I have to give her special dog food that easy on the GI tract with a vitamin and Anti diarrhea paste mixed in twice a day. Along with lots of water and a pill every morning and night for a week.
Rosy needless to say to very jealous that Lucy is getting all the attention.
Anywho.....today is Vincent's birthday. Yippy!!!! I still need to wrap all his gifts and figure out what to do for dinner.
Sorry this Blog is not very witty. Did I mention that for the last 2 nights I received very little sleep! This goes to show that I am not prepared for a baby!!!!!
I *heart* sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment