
Vincent and Bill had a little surprise birthday party! Amanda, Bill's wife and I decided a few weeks ago that we should throw a join party for our wonderful husbands! Vincent turned 28 last week, and Bill turns 23 next week. This whole idea come about while we were waiting for Bill and Vins to get back from Rock Climbing at Seneca Rocks.
Amanda was in charge of the food, and I was on cake duty. We also decided to have the party at Cooper's Rock, since I have no A/C in the house and Amanda and Bill have a small apartment. And besides neither one of us wanted to clean up for the party then clean up afterwards.We also decided to tell the guys that the other one was having a surprise party. I think that at the end they figured it out, but it was still lots of fun.
Jessie, my super cool neighbor, really helped me a lot to make the cake. As always we had issues and the design was not completely set until we actually started to decorate. I wonder if things like this are aways really open to change and modifications, or if at sometime in the near future we will have to stick to a more concrete plan. I would think that once we get more orders that clients with certain needs then it will not be as easy. But it will be nice to accomplish to make a design with a certain vision and see it through it the end.
I am thinking that maybe once I have more experience in the designing and the more I look at different cakes; i will have the ability to design cakes with more ease. This cake that we did was quite interesting and very special. It was special because this is the first birthday for Vincent after I have started to decorate cakes, I really wanted to impress him. This is what Jessie and I come up with.
I am really pleased with it. And really guys it is so much more impressive in person. So I just going to toot my own horn, because I never thought 6 months ago I could make a cake this nice. And it was not just me, Jessie is also a really talented girl too. Together we are unstoppable.
This cake is 100% all eatible. Everything even the rocks and the people. The bottem layer it chocolate and the top layer is snickerdoodle. We made the figureens out of fondant. Thanks for looking!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment